The Pre-owned Markets Sales Trends, the final section of the 2021 Canadian Boating Statistical Abstract, is now available for downloading. This section details Canadian pre-owned recreational boat sales data by size, type, and province/territory for 2012-2021.
In 2021 the recreational boat unit sales in the pre-owned market set a record with an increase of 4.9% as compared to 2020. The total market value of pre-owned recreational boat sales in Canada reached previously unseen levels and more than doubled in the last decade reaching a record CAD $1.4 billion in sales.
- Key highlights compared to 2020 sales:
- Outboard boat unit sales increased 5%
- Personal watercraft unit sales increased 2.3%
- Inboard boat unit sales increased 5.5%
- Jet boats unit sales increased 14.9%