Marine Industry Retirement Plan
Exclusive to NMMA members, the Marine Industry Retirement Plan (MIRP) is the marine industry’s multiple employer 401(k) plan, providing employees with competitive investment options while helping members save money on fees and administration expenses.
BREAKING NEWS for 2023
: The IRS has announced the 2023 cost-of-living adjustments for 401k plans - learn more
The Marine Industry Retirement Plan provides a savings opportunity for you and your employees and in the long run, help attract and retain the most qualified and dedicated employees. As a member of NMMA, your organization can transfer your existing 401(k)s and participate in the plan.
NMMA and over 30 member companies are active with the MIRP. To receive a FREE evaluation and join the growing list of participants, please contact your dedicated MIRP manager:
Retirement Benefit Consultant
The J & R Group, Merrill Lynch
Additional MIRP benefits:
• No individual annual audit
• Cost savings on the investments
• No individual Form 5500 reporting
• Minimal plan maintenance
• Flexible plan features, including safe harbor, Roth, and profit sharing
• Customizable 401(k) plan design options involving eligibility, matches, vesting schedules, and more
• Coverage options include 401(k) plan, SIMPLE 401(k) plan, SEP plan, or SIMPLE IRA