Marine Industry Retirement Plan
Exclusive to NMMA members, the Marine Industry Retirement Plan (MIRP) is the marine industry’s multiple employer 401(k) plan, providing employees with competitive investment options while helping members save money on fees and administration expenses.
Members enrolled with MIRP have seen a cumulative plan cost savings of more than $348,000 a year - an estimated annual savings for both the employer and participant through lower fees. What’s more, nine of the current industry adopters have saved on an audit for a total savings of $81,000 per year.
The Marine Industry Retirement Plan, from a government reporting standpoint, is treated like one large plan. Members are provided the flexibility of a standalone plan sponsor while avoiding the expenses and administrative burden associated with sponsoring a single employer plan.
With the help of MIRP administrative partners: Merrill Lynch, financial advisor; Transamerica, recordkeeper; and, Pinnacle, third-party administrator, NMMA has reduced fees significantly for most plans while providing quality investment choices with very low costs.
Additional MIRP benefits include:
• No individual annual audit
• Cost savings on the investments
• No individual Form 5500 reporting
• Minimal plan maintenance
• Flexible plan features, including safe harbor, Roth, and profit sharing
• Customizable 401(k) plan design options involving eligibility, matches, vesting schedules, and more
• Coverage options include 401(k) plan, SIMPLE 401(k) plan, SEP plan, or SIMPLE IRA
To learn more and receive a FREE evaluation, please contact:
Retirement Benefit Consultant
The J & R Group, Merrill Lynch
Email - Michael_Ribich@ml.com
Phone - 888-JRG-401K