The National Marine Manufacturers Association announced today the agenda for the annual Innovation Breakfast at the 2018 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show. Presented by GM Marine Engine Technology and the Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) and, with support from Enterprise Florida, the Innovation Breakfast is being held Friday, February 16 within the show’s Center Courtyard.
Keynoting this year’s Innovation Breakfast is U.S. Department of the Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke. NMMA and its partners in the Outdoor Recreation Industry Roundtable have been working with Secretary Zinke to explore enhancing boating and fishing access in our nation’s public waterways. Secretary Zinke has been a significant supporter of recreational boating and fishing and recently announced the creation of a Recreation Advisory Committee to help explore how to improve outdoor recreation opportunities for Americans.
"It’s our honor to welcome Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke to the 2018 Miami International Boat Show as keynote speaker and to witness firsthand the impact and forward-thinking of America’s recreational boating and fishing industry,” said Thom Dammrich, NMMA president. “The Secretary has demonstrated his commitment to ensuring Americans have robust access to our public lands and waters and has worked to create a dialogue with the outdoor community to understand our priorities. His keynote is an opportunity to hear directly from the Secretary as he shares his perspective on boating and the outdoors.”
Celebrating the thousands of innovative products, ideas and services showcased during the Miami International Boat Show each year, the Innovation Breakfast will feature a host of presentations focused on propelling the recreational boating industry. Here’s the complete agenda:
- Welcome by Larry Berryman, show manager
- Opening remarks and CSI Awards, Thom Dammrich, NMMA president
- Special VIP guest speaker to be announced
- Keynote Speaker, Secretary Ryan Zinke, U.S. Department of the Interior
- Chapman Award, honoring individuals within the marine industry who have made outstanding contributions to the sport of boating for the benefit of the recreational boating industry and boating public
- Presentation by RBFF President Frank Peterson on consumer trends to recruit new anglers and boaters
- Alan J. Freedman Memorial Leadership Award, honoring individuals who’ve made outstanding contributions to the marine accessories industry through leadership, creativity and personal motivation
- Remarks by Kris Mayer, General Director, GM Wholesale, Marine and Industrial Sales on GM Marine Engine Technology in the marine industry
- The Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards, the recreational boating industry’s highest honor for innovative and technological achievement, judged by Boating Writers International
Because doors to the breakfast open at 7:30 a.m. prior to show opening, exhibitors planning to attend the breakfast must park in Lot A, take a taxi/Uber to Lot C, or valet park, as all other parking lots and transportation will not be running until 9 a.m.
Please note the Breakfast is sold out. For media interested in attending please contact Sarah Salvatori at email@example.com. For questions about NMMA Awards, please contact Rachel Harmon at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions about the breakfast, contact Erik Rancatore at email@example.com.