Want to see how boat sales are trending compared to other recreational industries? Interested in industry forecasts? NMMA's Q1 Data Dashboard is a quarterly report that provides detailed insights on 93 boat market statistics and economic indicators spanning trending on home prices, boat sales in 20 major markets, wholesale forecasting, small business sentiment, economic health of major export partners, and more.
Highlights from the first quarter report include:
- Retail sales of nearly all traditional powerboat categories are growing on both annual and quarterly bases, with the exception of sterndrive boats.
- Traditional powerboat retail sales were up 6.8% in 2015 compared to 2014.
- Consumer confidence rebounded in March at 96.2.
- Retail gas prices remain at relative lows, averaging $1.98 the week ending April 16.
- Unemployment rates remain at historical lows, at 5% in March.
The Quarterly Data Dashboard is available at no cost to NMMA members. To download the report, members must log in to nmma.org and go to the Statistics section's Publications tab. Contact Vicky Yu, Director of Industry Statistics and Research, at [email protected] with questions.
To learn more about NMMA’s Industry Statistics and Research program, click here.