Find information on how to adapt manufacturing processes to produce PPE from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) by visiting www.fema.gov/coronavirus/how-to-help or reaching out directly to the FEMA contacts listed below.
- If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response – email email@example.com.
- For non-medical supplies, services or equipment, if you are interested in doing business with FEMA, visit our Industry Liaison Program.
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, please email specifics to firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Hospital Association (AHA)—100 Million Mask Challenge
Learn how to partner with local hospitals to produce surgical masks and shields.
Click here to access AHA’s five steps to assess how you can help. Alternatively, you can contact AHA staff directly to learn more:
- Production options for PPE, ventilators, and other medical supplies: Mike Schiller email@example.com
- Facility solutions such as temporary/mobile facilities, power supplies, etc: Deanna Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
#GetUsPPE—Equipping Healthcare Workers
#GetUsPPE works to connect healthcare providers who need personal protection equipment (PPE) with manufacturers who can produce PPE or suppliers who can donate PPE. Plus, GetUsPPE.org offers guidelines under “Step 3” for how to make specific PPEs (gowns, face shields, etc.) for those looking for further guidance on the manufacturing process.
U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidance
Many critically needed products will require you to obtain federal certification to begin manufacturing and sales. Learn more:
- CDC acceptable product classifications.
- FDA Frequently Asked Questions on PPE supplies, including expedited review of manufacturing site changes.
- FDA Emergency Use Authorizations on how ventilator and PPE manufacturers can get their products added to the list.
If you are a manufacturer and are unable to find enough suppliers due to supply chain shortages, please complete a supply chain assistance request.
If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, you can provide details to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). For questions on donation or volunteer efforts you can contact FEMA at email@example.com or visit https://www.fema.gov/covid19offers
Works to connect hospitals and healthcare professionals with their local communities, with details on PPE that a facility needs and drop-off procedures. Visit https://www.donateppe.org.
Scientists and engineers seeking surplus supplies of personal protection equipment to donate to hospitals. Visit https://ppelink.wordpress.com/ppe-donations/
A number of university medical centers are collecting donations, including the University of Michigan, Johns Hopkins University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The Association of American Universities is keeping an updated list of universities seeking donations here.
#GetUsPPE works to connect healthcare providers who need personal protection equipment (PPE) with suppliers who can donate PPE and manufacturers who can produce PPE. Visit GetUsPPE.org
Contact your State Emergency Operations Center for the latest information on helping your local community.