Hundreds of recreational boating industry professionals are expected to descend upon Capitol Hill May 15-17, 2017 to attend the American Boating Congress (ABC), and we're calling on you to join us. ABC 2017 will provide attendees the opportunity to meet with the Trump Administration and the 115th Congress, in addition to network with fellow industry advocates, take part in a series of workshops and meet with key policy makers as part of the program's 'Hill visits'.
NOTE: If you're a past attendee and haven't received a personalized registration link or are new to ABC and interested in attending, visit http://www.nmma.org/government/abc/registration.
“With a new Administration, major policy decisions including tax reform, trade, immigration, and infrastructure spending are on the Congressional horizon,” noted Thom Dammrich, NMMA president. “It is critical that we engage with our nation’s decision makers now to shape priorities for the 115th Congress and White House to ensure a bright future for the recreational boating industry. Each person who attends ABC brings the voice of their own organization or business and makes our industry’s voice that much louder—something that’s key to us being able to make an impact.”
Download NMMA’s 2017 Policy Agenda – Marine Manufacturing: Powering the Nation’s Economy to review some of the key issues the boating industry is addressing on Capitol Hill and will focus on at ABC 2017.
Highlights of the 2017 American Boating Congress:
- Jake Tapper to keynote ABC 2017on Wednesday, May 17.Tapper is the hugely-influential and award-winning journalist and author, and Chief CNN Washington Correspondent and Anchor. Tapper has been recognized for being a fair and balanced commentator and critic whose unbiased reporting makes him an “equal opportunity skeptic—confronting Democratic politicians just as toughly as he would Republican ones.” Likeable, consistent, and up-to-the-minute, Tapper’s no-spin commentary will make you think while keeping you entertained.
- New “Inside the Beltway – Republican and Democratic Insights,” May 16th from 8:30-9:00a.m. Hear from Republican and Democratic DC strategists on the inside happenings from both the Hill and Administration to help you better navigate your Capitol Hill meetings and understand the legislative and political outlook for 2017 and beyond.
- Customized Hill visits. In 2017, Hill visits will be organized by state delegation - enabling our attendees to be more effective advocates on Capitol Hill. By working together with different peers from your state, you will be able to have more meetings with lawmakers and showcase the depth and diversity within our industry.
- Welcome Reception, May 15th from 6:00-8:00p.m. at the Carnegie Library. A networking opportunity in an historic location for you and your industry peers to kick off the conference.
- Recreational Angling & Boating PAC Reception, May 16th from 6:00-8:00p.m. Back by popular demand, the Angling and Boating PAC reception will be held on 20F Street NW, an iconic rooftop overlooking the Capitol. For information on how to attend, please contact Erica Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- National Safe Boating Council and National Marine Manufacturers Association Congressional Reception, May 17th from 5:00-7:00p.m.
Those who don't receive a personalized link to register for ABC, please visit http://www.nmma.org/government/abc/registration for instruction.
The host hotel for ABC 2017 is the Renaissance Washington. CLICK HERE to book a room, or call (202) 898-9000. Please reference the ‘NMMA American Boating Congress Meeting’ when calling to receive the discounted room rate. Space is limited!
Co-hosts for ABC 2017 include: American Sportfishing Association, Association of Marina Industries, Boating Industry, BoatU.S., Center for Sportfishing Policy, Connecticut Marine Trades Association, Dominion Marine Media, International Yacht Brokers Association, Marine Industries Association of South Florida, Marine Retailers Association of the Americas, Marine Trades Association of New Jersey, Michigan Boating Industries Association, National Marine Distributors Association, National Marine Lenders Association, National Marine Manufacturers Association, National Safe Boating Council, National Yacht Broker Certification Program, Norman-Spencer Marine Insurance, Soundings Trade Only, States Organization for Boating Access, The American Boat Builders and Repairers Association, The Boating Trade Association of Metropolitan Houston, U.S. Superyacht Association, and Yacht Brokers Association of America.