GROW BOATING and PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS - JOIN NMMA
NMMA’s 1,300 member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers and accessories used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a non-profit, member-driven 501c, NMMA reinvests its revenue back into recreational boating.
NMMA works tirelessly to keep recreational boating top of mind with regulators and legislators at the federal and state levels. Through a variety of channels, NMMA advocates for recreational boating to ensure our industry’s issues are at the forefront of the national debate.
NMMA is aggressively tackling COVID-19-related advocacy making sure members are protected from unnecessary regulation, taxes, and other burdens while securing relief funding to offset losses.
As the average age of boat owners increases and the number of first-time boat buyers decreases, the Discover Boating campaign is focused on reversing these trends and help a younger, more diverse next generation of boaters get on the water. DiscoverBoating.com drove more than 2.3 million referrals to boat manufacturer websites and hosted 4.5 million visitors in 2019, connecting potential buyers with the resources needed to get started in boating.
NMMA is actively positioning boat shows, consumer experiences, and Discover Boating to attract buyers in a post-coronavirus environment and capture market share for recreational boating. NMMA delivers a united voice and positive reputation for recreational boating to drive demand and position the industry for long-term growth through an industry-wide campaign to get Americans on the water.
Exclusive Member Benefits:
- Member booth space discounts between 5 and 29 percent at select NMMA boat shows and IBEX.
- Free access to NMMA's Business Intelligence publications including the U.S. Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract, the industry's most comprehensive summary of boating statistics which retails for $4,199.
- Access to quality, ACA-compliant healthcare through NMMA's partnership with the National Association of Manufacturers - NAM Healthcare is available only to qualified manufacturing members based in the U.S.
- Exclusive access to the Marine Industry Retirement Plan, a multiple employer 401(k) that provides employees with a retirement plan and helps businesses save money and cut administration expenses.
- Complimentary NMMA boat show credentials ($50 per person value) to all 18 NMMA boat and sport shows with exclusive access 2 hours prior to show opening.
- Members-only newsletters, advocacy updates, trade and tariff alerts and economic and industry news to help members monitor the marine marketplace and make informed business decisions.
- Exclusive connections through the B2B Member Directory, a trade-only marketplace connecting buyers and suppliers, with member-only access to lead sales contacts including email and phone.
- Download the member participation logo and display stakeholder support of NMMA's efforts to protect and promote recreational boating.
- Save up to 45 percent on UPS Shipping services by simply enrolling existing accounts
- Savings on Budget and Avis negotiated member discounted rates, elite status to skip the check-in lines and special rates for weekly rentals and truck options.
- Members-only access to Staples Advantage for equipment needs, assistance with printing and creative solutions and enrollment in Staples Facility Solutions.
- APPI provides free evaluation of energy bills and contracts to detect overcharges and erroneous fees and make recommendations when to buy energy, length of contract, suppliers, etc.
- 20% member discount on NMMA advertising opportunities to reach key industry decision makers and stakeholders as well as the boating consumer.
- Expert advice and technical support to ensure your products meet all applicable standards and compliance with regulatory requirements and certification bodies.
- Access to NMMA staff and industry experts
To learn more about NMMA and our membership program and benefits, email Bryan Welsh, Director, Member Services.