GROW BOATING and PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS - JOIN NMMA
NMMA’s 1,300 member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers and accessories used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a non-profit, member-driven 501c, NMMA reinvests its revenue back into recreational boating.
NMMA is the industry’s unifying force working to do those things that no single company can do on their own, yet are critical for current and future success: promote and protect recreational boating.
NMMA supports these two vital objectives by working tirelessly to keep recreational boating top of mind with regulators and legislators at the federal and state levels, through timely research and industry data, promoting product safety, attracting new demographics and younger first time boat buyers, and producing the industry’s best consumer boat shows and trade events.
By the end of 2024, the average age of a boat owner will be 60. In 2018, first time boat buyers made of 32% of all buyers which is down from 42% in 2000. These are two trends the industry must reverse. Hear directly from members about the importance of attracting the next generation of boaters while protecting against regulatory challenges.
Exclusive Member Benefits:
- Member booth space discounts between 5 and 29 percent at select NMMA boat shows and IBEX.
- Free access to NMMA's Business Intelligence publications including the U.S. Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract, the industry's most comprehensive summary of boating statistics (non-member retail - $4,199).
- Access to quality, ACA-compliant healthcare through NMMA's partnership with the National Association of Manufacturers - NAM Healthcare is available only to qualified manufacturing members based in the U.S.
- Exclusive access to the Marine Industry Retirement Plan, a multiple employer 401(k) that provides employees with a retirement plan and helps businesses save money and cut administration expenses.
- Complimentary NMMA boat show credentials ($50 per person value) to all 18 NMMA boat and sport shows with exclusive access 2 hours prior to show opening.
- Members-only newsletters, advocacy updates, trade and tariff alerts and economic and industry news to help members monitor the marine marketplace and make informed business decisions.
- Exclusive connections through the B2B Member Directory, a trade-only marketplace connecting buyers and suppliers, with member-only access to lead sales contacts including email and phone.
- Members-only Export Development and resources to reach new markets through USA pavilions at international shows, trade counseling, international certifications, trade advocacy, and unfair trade assistance.
- Download the member participation logo and display stakeholder support of NMMA's efforts to protect and promote recreational boating.
- Save up to 45 percent on UPS Shipping services by simply enrolling existing accounts
- Savings on Budget and Avis negotiated member discounted rates, elite status to skip the check-in lines and special rates for weekly rentals and truck options.
- Members-only access to Staples Advantage for equipment needs, assistance with printing and creative solutions and enrollment in Staples Facility Solutions.
- APPI provides free evaluation of energy bills and contracts to detect overcharges and erroneous fees and make recommendations when to buy energy, length of contract, suppliers, etc.
- 20% member discount on NMMA advertising opportunities to reach key industry decision makers and stakeholders as well as the boating consumer.
- Expert advice and technical support to ensure your products meet all applicable standards and compliance with regulatory requirements and certification bodies.
- Access to NMMA staff and industry experts
To learn more about NMMA and our membership program and benefits, email Bryan Welsh, Director, Member Services.