As a member of NMMA, you will join other industry stakeholders in the success of the association’s collective effort to protect and grow recreational boating through public policy advocacy and a variety of growth initiatives. All that we do at NMMA, including consumer boat shows and trade events, marketing the Discover Boating program, providing export counsel and international promotional opportunities, producing market research and statistics, and certifying marine products support those two core objectives.
The US economy has been in recovery for three years and in 2012 the recreational boating industry experienced its first year of strong growth in five years. NMMA works on your behalf to keep positive messaging about the boating lifestyle in front of consumers in North America and to keep the needs of recreational boating top of mind with legislators and regulators at the federal and state level.
JOIN NMMA NOW in 3 Easy Steps
Beyond our efforts to grow and protect your business, members also experience a number of cost-saving offerings and exclusive benefits that will impact your bottom line:
Exclusive Discounted Member Pricing:
Members save 5% to 20% on boat show space at NMMA Consumer Boat Shows and the International Boatbuilders' Exhibition and Conference (IBEX).
Market Research and Statistics and Industry Communications:
- Recreational Boating Abstract (retails to non-members for $1,150) - Now includes a new section on marine aftermarket and OEM accessories statistics as well as consumer buying habits
- Monthly subscription to boating industry Statistics Dashboard (retails to non-members for $1,200 a year)
- Boating Registration details the number of boats registered by state (retails to non-members for $600)
- Other market research and data available for FREE to members through the NMMA Research Library
- Robust e-communications on the latest U.S. economy including financial news specific to marine manufacturers; important legislative and regulatory updates; and association news and information.
Exclusive Member Resources:
- Free NMMA trade credentials for all consumer shows (retailing to non-members for $25 per badge)
- Member Advertising Opportunities to reach consumers and industry customers
- Export Trade Assistance - Programs and services to help members expand into the global marketplace
- Free access to the NMMA Member Roster and Trade List information
- JobMart allows Members to post openings and review hundreds of qualified marine industry resumes
- Member webinar series that address topics and resources that will have a direct impact on your business operations ranging from maximizing Social Media to top selling secrets at boat shows
- Downloadable NMMA Membership participation logo
- PR University—a comprehensive guide to help you design and implement a successful public relations campaign
Cost-Saving and Professional Resource Programs:
- Freight Savings Discount Program—Over 200 NMMA members saved $131,530.54 in 2012 on deep discounts through select FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® and FedEx Freight® services. Save at least 70% on less-than-truckload shipping with YRC Freight. How much can you save as a member of NMMA?
- HR University—A free online HR resource providing white papers, template forms, statistics and tools to assist with all your Human Resource needs.
- Avis Member Benefits—Car rental discounts up to 20% and other exclusive services and promotions.
- Applied Power Purchasing International (APPI) - Save money on your electric expenses by having this exclusive provider analyze, negotiate, contract and manage your utility services.
- Staples Discount — Receive deep discounts on all Staples office supplies.
JOIN NMMA NOW in 3 Easy Steps