NMMA PR efforts to shine a spotlight on the boating industry this summer are drawing significant local and national media attention. With the help of the association’s members, there has been record news about heightened boat sales and interest in getting out on the water.
Pitching boating as an antidote to pandemic stress and an ideal activity to do while social distancing with loved ones, national stories have been generated in the New York Times and on Fox Business, as well as the Associated Press, with coverage on tap with Reuters, MSNBC, and more Fox News opportunities.
There has also been more than 100 additional news features in markets across the country. Here’s a snapshot of news coverage – check it out!
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel – Sales of Pontoons, Power Boats Up Sharply as Families Change Their Summer Vacation Plans
- San Francisco Chronicle – Pandemic brings a rising tide of Bay Area boat sales
- The Sun (Port Charlotte, FL) – EDITORIAL: Boating Can Be Antidote to Coronavirus
- Hartford Courant – A rising tide of boat sales lifts the industry in Connecticut as enthusiasts, tired of lock downs, take to the water
- Sacramento Bee – Boat and RV dealers are busier than ever, as pandemic prompts new kinds of recreation
- KCRA-TV (NBC Sacramento) – RV, Boat and Off-Road Vehicle Sales Set Records Due to COVID-19
As NMMA continues to engage with the media, the team is encouraging all members to share their experiences. For more information, please contact Sarah Salvatori at firstname.lastname@example.org.