Each year, the American Boating Congress (ABC) brings industry leaders like you together to champion recreational boating, formulate public policy and present a unified front on issues that impact marine businesses. In 2015, NMMA members, co-hosts and industry stakeholders completed more than 400 meetings on Capitol Hill! Elected officials listen when their constituents talk. Your voice is our most valuable asset.
ABC 2016 Registration NOW OPEN!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Don’t miss out on the advocacy event of the year — last year’s conference helped push our industry towards major wins on Capitol Hill. Here are just some of the industry’s victories following ABC in 2015:
- The introduction of 9 pieces of new legislation calling for a reform to the Renewable Fuel Standard, a letter from 184 elected officials urging EPA to take action, and a final EPA ruling that set renewable volume obligations to levels lower than the legal mandates—preventing a massive flood of E15 into the marketplace.
- The House of Representatives passed the U.S. Coast Guard Reauthorization bill, HR 1987! Language was included in the bill that supports model year and engine weight updates.
- Reauthorized $600 million Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust fund as part of Highway Transportation bill for 5 years.
- Enabled recreational vessel travel to Cuba.
- Passed “Tax Extenders” package that make permanent tax breaks important to manufacturers such as R&D and bonus depreciation.
- Passed legislation in House and Senate to fix model year definition.
- Merged with MRAA to form stronger BoatPAC and raised $131,823.81 from 467 contributors.
- Plus we’ve added 21 new members of Congress join the Congressional Boating Caucus!
- Washington, DC
Commit to becoming a boating advocate today by registering for ABC 2016!
YOU! Are you a boating industry advocate? A marine manufacturer, dealer, business owner or stakeholder? Do you have a keen interest in recreational boating policy and regulatory matters? Then you should attend ABC! Read on to learn about discounts for inviting your peers and coworkers!
Renaissance Washington, D.C.
999 Ninth Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
CLICK HERE to book your room. Space is limited!
ABC is your chance to meet elected officials to discuss your policy concerns; Speak directly with policymakers in your Congressional district; Learn more about the Congressional process and how you can stay involved year round; Hear from elected officials, policy makers, and distinguished speakers; and join peers from all segments of the industry to help ensure a healthy future for recreational boating.
NEW keynote speakers! This year’s event features TWO dynamic keynote speakers with two very different views on our nation’s political scene. Learn more from both sides of the aisle how the 2016 elections may play out! Stay tuned for more details on this exciting addition to our agenda.
NEW Welcome Reception location on the evening of May 9th at the Carnegie Library. A networking opportunity in an historic location for you and your industry peers to kick off the conference.
NEW Hill Visit opportunities! Team up with your peers from your local areas and address top issues of concern with group Hill Visit scheduling. Stay tuned for additional information.
For more information on ABC, please visit www.nmma.org/abc or contact Laura Crisler at email@example.com or 202-737-974.
Don't forget to visit @therealnmma on Twitter for breaking conference updates! #ABC2015