It’s estimated 70 percent of news in all forms of media is generated by public relations, making it a powerful tool for the recreational boating industry. PR University is designed to help members address their company’s public relations needs. This online guide provides an introduction to public relations, including tips for drafting press materials, selecting spokespeople, contacting reporters and addressing issues in the media. It also outlines how companies can effectively communicate with consumer and industry trade media.
To download PR Tool Kits, information on how to secure media coverage and guidelines on handling interviews with the media, please log in here.
What is public relations?
- Public relations comprises nearly everything outside the scope of a traditional advertising campaign
- Public relations is the tool that cuts across every medium in marketing
- Public relations is more credible and substantially less expensive than advertising
When should I use public relations?
- Launching a new product
- Generating excitement about an existing product
- Celebrating an anniversary or other notable event
- When advertising is well-liked but fails to build brand recognition
- When a product takes time to explain
- When your advertising budget is limited
- When you want to align your product with a specific target audience or cause
PR University features information on the following communications topics:
- Public Relations Tools
- Spokesperson Guidelines & Interview Tips
- Securing Media Coverage
- Issues Management
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional Resources