“Scroll down to view details on all international show opportunities!”
- METS ( Marine Equipment Trade Show)
- Cartagena International Boat Show
- Barcelona International Boat Show
2015: USA Pavilion at Marine Equipment Trade Show (METS)
November 17–19, 2015 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Registration OPENING SOON!
METS is the world’s largest trade exhibition of equipment, materials and services for the international marine leisure industry. The annual event is organized by Amsterdam RAI in association with the International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA). If you want to expand your reach throughout the EU, METS should be a core component of your marketing plan.
Thousands of companies in the leisure marine market worldwide incorporate METS in their calendars year after year. Here’s why:
- Attracts a global attendance with unparalleled networking opportunities—establish working relationships with people from all over the world
- Comprehensive product showcase—a gallery of the best in marine products from around the globe
- Supported by leading international marine trade associations
- Hosts cutting-edge conferences
- Year-round promotions add extra value to your investment
METS USA & Canadian Pavilions: Now offered to non-NMMA members too.
NMMA has been exhibiting at METS for 27 years. As a result, we benefit from prime space location, allowing us to pass on the benefit to our pavilion exhibitors.
NMMA staff will be your primary contact throughout the planning process—eliminating concerns of missed deadlines, currency fluctuations, cultural differences and language barriers. As part of your turnkey package, NMMA offers the following to our Pavilion exhibitors:
- Turn-key booth packages, starting at 9m2 and up—complete with furniture, lighting, fascia, flooring
- Networking cocktail reception, highlighting the USA Pavilion
- NMMA booth with complimentary coffee, refreshments and light snacks throughout the show
- NMMA takes the lead on coordinating your entire experience - including registration, hotel, booth needs, shipping and invoicing
- Pre-Show group networking 'Meet & Greet' Lunch, to get acquainted to with fellow exhibitors
- Aggressive public relations and advertising campaign to help drive traffic and promote USA
- US Department of Commerce support and guidance, on site
METS 2015 will be held November 17–19. NMMA members will benefit from preferred pricing and space allocation.
REGISTRATION OPENING SOON
Registration Deadline: September 4, 2015. Based on space availability
Join the NMMA in the 2nd USA Pavilion at the Cartagena Boat Show in Colombia!
March 21 – 23, 2015 - Cartagena de Indias, Colombia
Registration is now closed. USA Pavilion SOLD OUT!
Colombia: A blossoming recreational boating market!
Building on the success of the first U.S.A. Pavilion at the Cartagena International Boat Show (CIBS), the NMMA will again take the lead on organizing the U.S.A. Pavilion at the 2015 show. Join us March 21–23, 2015, at the Cartagena de Indias Convention Center in Colombia.
CIBS is the perfect venue for the industry to gather to establish contacts and strengthen business ties in this blossoming market.
One of the oldest democracies in Latin America, Colombia has a middle-income population, rich history and privileged geographical location. Consequently, it is quickly emerging as a mandatory stop for sailboats, yachts and charters heading through the southern region of the Caribbean Sea. Located under the Hurricane Zone (125⁰ North), Colombia is an excellent alternative during hurricane season.
Thanks to these natural advantages and the government’s continued commitment to grow nautical tourism and recreational boating, Colombia continues to grow as a market of importance for our industry.
Tens of thousands of U.S. citizens safely visit Colombia each year. Tourism has experienced remarkable growth and the government recognizes the need to develop marina infrastructure to meet the growing demand of both nautical tourism and domestic boating.
The Ministry of Trade, Industry & Tourism has publicly declared the development of Nautical Tourism in Colombia a top priority. The 2014 reelection of President Santos means this commitment is expected to remain in place.
Promising Areas for U.S. Exporters:
As of May 2014, U.S. exports of boats and engines to Colombia were up 16% over YOY. Opportunities in this quickly expanding market include:
- Boat and yacht sales (fishing, cruising, center-consoles, sailing, tow boats)
- Marina design and development
- Charter brokers and operators
- Training Institutions
- Navigation equipment
- Oils and lubricants
- Fishing tackle
- Safety equipment
- Scuba diving
- Water toys, kayaks, jet skis and more.
We encourage you to contact NMMA to discuss your specific export opportunities.
About the Show:
easyFairs®, a seasoned trade show organizer based in Bogota, has created a professional B2B and B2C boat show in Colombia for the industry to gather, establish contacts and further strengthen business ties in this emerging market. Learn more.
The NMMA has partnered with easyFairs to ensure a top notch experience for U.S. exhibitors. We have secured prime exhibition space inside the main floor of the convention center that is offered only to U.S.A. exhibitors.
As an NMMA member, you’ll benefit from preferred pricing and space selection, however the pavilion is open to all eligible U.S. based businesses.
“Our participation in the U.S.A pavilion provided Capt Harry's with many new opportunities. While we’ve done business in Colombia for many years, shows such as this allow us to reconnect with old customers as well with new ones on their own turf. Our international customers appreciate us placing an importance in their specific markets and making the effort to come to their country.”
Capt. Harry’s Fishing Supply
Salon Nautico Internacional de Barcelona (Barcelona International Boat Show)
October 14 – 18, 2015 - Marina Port Vell, Barcelona
REGISTRATION OPENING IN MAY!
Barcelona, one of the world’s most beautiful and popular boating destinations, is the backdrop for the Barcelona International Boat Show. Last year, this five-day show attracted over 52,000 visitors (66% general public vs. 33% professional) making this show the ideal opportunity for both B2B and consumer connections.
Spain’s 7,000 km coastline and warm temperate climate combined with ample marina and mooring facilities along with a vibrant tourist trade make Spain a desirable boating market. Recent legislative changes have also helped to alleviate some of the tax burdens historically imposed upon boat ownership for any vessel larger than 8m in length.
Since 2008, Spain has been navigating a financial crisis similar to the one we’ve experienced in the U.S. However, although modest, the European Commission has forecasted that Span’s economy will grow in 2014 and the country’s recreational boating industry is showing modest gains. U.S. exports of boats and marine engines to Spain in 2013 increased more than 50% from the year prior and are showing stronger signs of recovering than U.S. exports to some other European markets, including Italy. Spain remains our No. 3 export market in the EU with total exports totaling $44 million. While U.S. exports to Spain remain below the pre-recession benchmark, 2013 has recorded the largest growth since the recession hit.
During the recession, many companies retreated from Spain in pursuit of export opportunities elsewhere. While the current market opportunities in Spain remain nominal for boat sales, exports are on the rise. The service and yacht refit sectors are showing stronger signs of recovery and, with more than 400 marinas and yacht clubs throughout Spain, the marina development sector remains promising.
The NMMA, together with our strategic partners at the U.S. Commercial Service in Madrid, believes that the Spanish market is poised for modest growth. We have created a cost-effective opportunity designed to support your efforts in maintaining and nurturing your existing contacts while ensuring that your product line and company branding remain front and center in the Spanish market.
We believe it’s easier to stay connected to your existing clients in Spain then to start anew once the market has fully rebounded. The best way to connect to buyers is to engage with them and ensure that they are informed of your company’s product line, pricing and competitive advantages.
For more information on any of the show(s) listed, please contact:
Director for Export Development
Space is very limited and we expect to sell out—so it is important to book early!
All USA Pavilion stands are completely turn-key and include value added features to enhance your experience:
- Each stand is built from white shell scheme panel construction and includes 2-spotlights*, one table/3 chairs, lockable information counter with company logo on front panel, blue fascia signage with company name, NMMA branding and U.S.A. flag, marble floor, electricity and stand cleaning. *15m2 stands include 2 addt’l spotlights.
- Company description included in Spanish language U.S.A. Exhibitor flyer. Translation of description provided at no charge.
- Bilingual NMMA support before, during and after the show to streamline your registration and on-site experience.
- U.S.A. pavilion refreshment area and hostess offered for the duration of the show
- One invitation for our exclusive networking dinner, the night prior to the show. Additional invites at $80 per person.
- NEW: Private B2B networking breakfast will be held on Sunday, March 22 within the parameters of the U.S.A. pavilion. This breakfast is designed to foster networking with all other exhibitors at the show.
Space to exhibit in the USA Pavilion is very limited and will be offered on a first come, first served basis.