The Get On Board marketing campaign, an integrated effort from the NMMA, Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF), and Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA), is in full swing with efforts focused on retaining the recent surge of newcomers while engaging the next generation of boaters and anglers. The campaign's PSA has seen millions of video views and PR efforts have generated earned media coverage on the benefits of boating and fishing to help bring the next generation of boaters and anglers into the fold.
With a focus on retention and recruitment messaging, campaign highlights to date include:
- The Get On Board PSA video has a combined 32 million views from Discover Boating and Take Me Fishing YouTube channels since the video's launch in 2020.
- The campaign video is catching the attention of younger, more diverse consumers:
- Fifty-four percent of viewers from Discover Boating’s YouTube channel are female.
- Gen Z (ages 18 to 24) were served the most impressions (71 percent) to connect with this younger and diverse audience across a platform they rely on every day to watch their favorite video content.
- Top interests among viewers includes thrill-seekers and family vacationers.
- As a result of the campaign’s earned media relations efforts, recreational boating and fishing continue making headlines with nearly 3,000 placements (38 percent increase YOY) and a 104 percent increase YOY in media impressions to date.
- A few of the top TV segments and news articles include FOX Business (which was picked up by more than 100 TV stations across the country), Adweek and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
To help amplify the industry’s voice and drive consumer engagement, download free assets from the GOB toolkit and share the Get On Board PSA on your website or social channels.
Click the video below to view the Get on Board PSA:
Follow @DiscoverBoating and @TakeMeFishing for additional shareable content and use #TheWaterIsOpen to join the conversation.