The 2017 American Boating Congress (ABC) keynote speaker, CNN’s Jake Tapper, originally scheduled for ABC’s General Session on Wednesday, May 17, has been moved to ABC’s opening luncheon, from 11:20a.m.-1:00p.m. on Tuesday, May 16. ABC’s Hill Visits Strategy Session, which traditionally takes place during the luncheon, will precede it from 10:50-11:20a.m. Other can’t-miss events for the 2017 conference include:
Wednesday, May 15
- Welcome Reception from 6:00–8:00p.m. at the Carnegie Library. A networking opportunity in an historic location for you and your industry peers to kick off the conference.
Tuesday, May 16
- Time Change: New “Inside the Beltway—Republican and Democratic Insights” from 8:00-8:30a.m. Hear from Republican and Democratic DC strategists on the inside happenings from both the Hill and Administration to help you better navigate your Capitol Hill meetings and understand the legislative and political outlook for 2017 and beyond.
- New Issue Workshops structured into three different tracks – Business, Environment & Access, and Workforce & Compliance – to educate attendees on the big issues impacting marine businesses and help guide attendees in representing the industry on Capitol Hill.
- Angling and Boating PAC Reception from 6:00-8:00p.m. For questions on how to attend, please contact Erica Crocker at firstname.lastname@example.org. All attendees must fill out a prior approval form prior to attending.
- ABC’s General Session, from 8:00a.m.-Noon, provides attendees with a front row seat to political insights that matter to your business. Speakers this year include Sen. Joe Donnelly (IN), Rep. Tom MacArthur (NJ-03), and Paul Rauch, U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Assistant Director for Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration. The complete lineup of speakers will be announced soon.
- Hill Visits from 1:00-5:00p.m., organized by state delegation—enabling our attendees to be more effective advocates on Capitol Hill. By working together with different peers from your state, you will be able to have more meetings with lawmakers and showcase the depth and diversity within our industry.
- National Safe Boating Council and National Marine Manufacturers Association Congressional Reception from 5:00–7:00p.m.
It’s not too late to register! For more information and to solidify your spot at the marine industry’s premier political and legislative event, visit http://www.nmma.org/government/abc.
2017 American Boating Congress sponsors: Brunswick and Mercury, Yamaha and Yamaha Watercraft, Correct Craft, Indmar, White River Marine Group, Seastar Solutions, Center for Sportfishing Policy, Groupe Beneteau, BRP and Evinrude, Volvo Penta Americas, Suzuki Marine, Sea Tow, Marine Retailers Association of the Americas, Chaparral, Boat/US, Freedom Boat Club, SureShade, Water Sports Industry Association, Dometic, Enterprise Florida, Marine Concepts, and Infinity Luxury Woven Fabrics