NMMA programs and services are designed to serve the best interests of its members and the recreational boating industry. To that end, NMMA:
- Represents the industry on public policy issues, advocating at state and federal levels to protect the interests of the marine industry and the users of products
- Collects, analyzes and distributes industry, economic and market data; NMMA is the industry’s primary source of recreational boating research, statistics and technical data.
- Promotes recreational boating through consumer outreach
- Provide information/represent the industry’s interests to the media and other public entities.
- Produces boat and sport shows in key North American markets to provide quality sales venues for exhibitors and consumers
- Co-owns/produces trade events IBEX (International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference) and the MAATS Aftermarket Pavilion to generate business opportunities for marine companies
- Works to create opportunities overseas; offers information and services to help members expand into the global marketplace
- Maintains boat, trailer and oil certification programs to promote safety and help manufacturers produce quality products
- Assists the industry in continuously improving customer satisfaction with the purchase, delivery, product, use and after-sale experiences through CSI (Consumer Satisfaction Index) and Marine Five Star Dealer Certification programs